This Week in Consulting
Friday, June 1st, 2018
Special Edition: GDPR -A Challenge and An Opportunity
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The GDPR is an opportunity waiting to be tapped – individuals are more willing to engage with, and be more loyal to, organizations that protect data, and going above and beyond the GDPR brings even greater reward.”
With the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into effect last Friday on May 25, 2018, organizations across the world are scrambling to put compliance measures in place. For those who embrace the change, GDPR is not only as a challenge but also opens up entirely new business opportunities. This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Capgemini where the consultants look beyond the compliance side of GDPR and uncover the latent opportunity that can help organizations gain individuals’ trust and competitive advantage.
Read on to Find out More: “Seizing the GDPR Advantage – From mandate to high-value opportunity”, featuring Willem De Paepe, Pierre-Luc Réfalo, Jerome Buvat, Alex Wortmann from Capgemini.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
New guidance from the Cognizant Center for the Future of Work examines the GDPR transition and provides analysis, advice and insight for organizations around the world that need to respond to the changes ahead.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- M&A Consultancy BTD Launches Hong Kong Office, 5th Globally: BTD has on the back of heightened demand for M&A services in Asia opened a new office in Hong Kong, its second on the continent following its already operational base in Sydney. The firm has been working to expand its global presence following a strong increase in global demand for the company’s services. | BTD Press Release
- Delta Capita and Fenergo Partner for CLM Implementation and Managed Services: Fast growing Irish FinTech and RegTech company Fenergo has partnered with management consultancy Delta Capita. The consultancy will serve as Fenergo’s preferred implementation partner of choice, while its launched managed service offering, labelled disruptive by the co-founders, will help financial services organisations improve how they manage their growing Client Lifecyle Management challenges. | Fenergo Press Release
- Supply Chain Consultancy Tokema Launches Digital Marketing Arm: London-based supply chain consultancy Tokema is venturing into the digital world with the launch of Tokema Digital, a digital marketing agency for the logistics industry. The digital arm offers clients the full menu of services, from digital marketing to website design and development, etc. | Tokema Press Release
- Management Consulting Market of Nordics Grows 6% to €2.8 Billion: Growth in the Nordic consulting market accelerated through 2017, ramping up by 5.7% to reach a value of €2.77 billion according to the latest available data. All the countries in the region grew at a faster rate than in 2016, with the region’s largest market of Sweden seeing the strongest growth rate of all to hit a market size of €944 million. | Consultancy uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- GDPR – Opportunities and obligations in data: Viewing data as an asset opens the door to opportunities to create value. From deeper insights into consumer and customer behaviour and purchase patterns to fraud detection – data can deliver powerful, actionable insights for business. | Shaun Murphy, KPMG
- Leveraging GDPR to Become a Trusted Data Steward: Consumers are increasingly uneasy about sharing financial, familial, locational or use-based personal data. But many companies fail to grasp the aspects of data sharing that especially concern consumers. By aligning their data policies with consumer wishes, companies can go beyond GDPR compliance to gain a valuable competitive advantage as trusted data stewards. | Elias Baltassis, John Rose, Antoine Gourévitch, Alexander Lawrence, Patrick Van Eecke, Ross McKean, BCG
- Is Your Business GDPR Ready?: The impact of GDPR is global. In the U.S., businesses are concerned about GDPR, but also report a significant readiness gap. Part of the difficulty is that identifying and tracking personal data as required by GDPR is a time-consuming and often confounding task for companies attempting to take a DIY approach to compliance. Here are five things every U.S. company should understand about GDPR. | Vicki Humphrey, Bridgepoint Consulting
- The Impact of the EU’s New Data Protection Regulation on AI: The GDPR will come at a significant cost in terms of innovation and productivity. EU policymakers need to recognize that a failure to amend the GDPR to reduce its impact on AI will all but consign Europe to second-tier status in the emerging algorithmic economy. | Nick Wallace and Daniel Castro, Data Innovation
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- Metis Insights for Consultants: How new data privacy rules
will affect you and your clients: Consulting firms will have to incorporate privacy considerations into their entire infrastructure, embedding data privacy into the business ethos and all of its operations, rather than as a separate HR task. | James Leaton Gray, Metis
- 11 Tips for New Management Consultants: Here’s a tactical list for getting off to a fast start on a new project. Follow the 11 steps below and you’ll be a management maven in no time:. | Management Consulted
- 5 Books for Aspiring Conusltants: Bill Gates has given his book recommendations for thesummer. Here is ours to you. These books wil help you build the foundational knowledge in Consulting. | Harvard Extension
- 2018 Recruiting Trends: Our Top 10 Hiring Trends to Watch: 2018 will see some game changers in the recruitment space, along with an acceleration and shift of known trends. | Aaron Hardy, Rebecca Skilbeck, Pageup
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.