This Week in Consulting
Friday, December 8th, 2017
China’s consulting market has been growing at over 10% and reached a total market value of $4.5 billion. At the same time, Starbucks just opened its largest (30,000-square-foot) store—the first Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Shanghai this week. These prompted us to feature an insight piece from Mckinsey, exploring how China’s massive potential for commercialization and inefficiencies in traditional sectors will accelerate the creative destruction that is happening globally as the world digitizes.
Read the Full Article: “Digital China: Powering the Economy to Global Competitiveness,” written by Jonathan Woetzel, Jeongmin Seong, Kevin Wei Wang, James Manyika, Michael Chui, and Wendy Wong.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Global Market for Healthcare Cloud Computing Will Be Worth $10 Billion by 2021: While increasing storage needs drive revenue growth, new business models powered by cloud will transform healthcare, finds Frost & Sullivan | Cision PR Newswire
- China’s Consulting Market Achieves Double Digit Growth as it Hits US$4.5bn: China’s consulting market outpaced its economy in 2016, growing at over 10 per cent to reach a total market value of US$4.5 billion. | Top-consultant
- PA Consulting Expands Aviation Sector Offering with Nyras Acquisition: PA Consulting Group has signed an agreement to acquire Nyras Limited, the international aviation consultancy. The agreement will further enhance PA’s offer to new and existing clients particularly in the areas of complex strategic and operational change and business restructuring in aviation. | PA Consulting Media Release
- Technological Innovation is Pressuring Governments to Be More Responsive – KPMG Opinion: Innovations born in the private sector are making voters expect more from their governments. Against a backdrop of technological change not of their own making and beyond their control, governments are under increasing pressure to improve their constituent services. | Bloomberg
- Quality 4.0 Preventive, Holistic, Future-Proof: Quality issues are on the rise in the automotive, industrial goods, and complex consumer goods industries, but companies need more than standard approaches to address them. | Ram Kidambi, Christine Sachseneder, Violetka Dirlea, and Stephan Krubasik, A.T.Kearney
- Robo-consulting – A Model for the Future?: The limits of artificial intelligence — why the human factor remains indispensable. | Kiumars Hamidian, Theodor Schabicki, Bearingpoint Consulting
- Taking a Serious Look at Fun: The Growth of the China Leisure Industry: China’s leisure market has recently surpassed Japan to become the second largest in the world, experiencing a 10% year-on-year growth since 2011. | Jack Chuang, Pascal Martin, OC&C Strategy Consultants
- The Next Generation of Health IT Spend: How the recent history of hospital IT spend has created a crossroads for executives who must decide how to strategically invest in technology moving forward. | Munzoor Shaikh, Michael Amiot, West Monroe Partners
“How to Create Value Through A Digital Transformation?”
has successfully taken place on Nov 30th 2017.
Check Out other Upcoming Events and Workshops and Start Building Your Community!
- Consulting Well: Developing Flourishing Consultant-Client Relationships: A consultant-client relationship that flourishes is a good indication that effective consulting is taking place. | Dr.Richard B.Davis, Consulting Mag
- Leaders, Are You Setting Personal Strategic Priorities?: Artificial intelligence, immersive experiences, digital twins, event-thinking and continuous adaptive security create a foundation for the next generation of digital business models and ecosystems. | Kasey Panetta, Gartner
- Moving On: 5 Smart Consulting Exit Options: There are a lot of potential opportunities on the horizon when you want to move on from management consulting, check out this article on how to make the most of your experience and skills within the field, while still giving you a change of pace. | Alexandra Nuth, The Muse
- Is Consulting Right for You?: Consulting can offer incredible experiences and career prospects—but it does also ask for a significant investment of time and energy. If you are thinking about consulting, read this article to find out what you should consider as you make your decision. | Nathalie Kleinschmit, Fast Company
- ANAGRAM Consulting is seeking for a experienced consultant with 4-6 years consulting experience / understanding of one of the industry sectors: Consumer & Retail, Life Sciences and/or Private Equity Portfolio. Learn More
- The Berkeley Partnership is looking for entry level management consultants to join their London office. Learn More