This Week in Consulting
Friday, Feb 16th, 2018
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
While the banking industry has been quickly reacting to the fintech attack, another quiet revolt is taking place. Businesses that can primarily be considered tech companies are now branching out into financial services. ‘Tech-fin’ has been experiencing a recent surge. This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Capgemini, in which the consultant explains why tech giants like Google, Amazon and Facebook (GAF) could become significant in the retail banking space.
Read the full article “Fintech Won’t Be the End of the Big Banks. Tech-fin Might Be”, written by Ryan Bright from Capgemini.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- BDO Expands Healthcare Advisory Services Practice Through Addition of PBC Advisors Consulting Division: BDO and RSM have both completed acquisitions of US-based consultancies. The deals, for PBC Advisors and SecureState were both advised by Allan D. Koltin, CEO of Chicago-based Koltin Consulting Group. Now, BDO USA has expanded its health care advisory services practice by merging in the consulting division of PBC Advisors. | BDO Press Releases
- Veritas Forms Consulting Firm from PwC’s US Public Sector Business: Veritas Capital has reached a deal to purchase the U.S. public sector business from PWC. Upon closing of the deal, the acquired assets will be renamed and operate as an independent business.The deal creates a new platform company for Veritas. | The Middle Markets
- London consultancies New Link Consulting and Eclipse join forces: Two London-based consultancies have confirmed their integration, following a sustained period of collaboration. Eclipse Business Consulting will now become part of the New Link Consulting group, as both firms look to expand their profile in the financial services market. | Consultancy.uk e
- Elixirr Further Expands US Team with Three Senior Executives: Elixirr has prepared to enter a new stage of growth, with the hiring of three senior executives to its rapidly developing American outfit. Elixirr is one of the fastest-growing consulting firms in the US, and the firm will hope that the addition of Richard Spitzer (Non-Executive Director), Ed Robinson (Associate Partner), Rich Kerschner (Senior Advisor) will further consolidate its position as such. | Elixirr Press Release
Consulting Firms and Independent Consultants: Have you Registered on Teambuilder?
It is a powerful platform connecting Consulting Firms to pre-qualified Independent Consultants on a global scale. Register Today (for free).
- Manufacturing is Going Digital – How You Can Make The Most of Data, AI and Automation to Boost Profit: Manufacturers expect this data-derived added value to help them grow by 10-30% in the next five years. In other words, an extra $1,200-3,600 billion a year in global manufacturing revenue. But it won’t happen by itself. Manufacturers have to decide where they sit in this world of new business models, digital value chains and enhanced connectivity | Thomas Brand, PA Consulting
- Creating Opportunity: How to build a new era of trade for post-Brexit Britain: The referendum on the UK’s membership of the European Union was a pivotal moment for the country. Change brings with it a degree of uncertainty. But it also brings an opportunity to reshape the growth agenda. As British business looks to pinpoint where the new trade opportunities exist, Ipsos Business Consulting latest industry guide examines some of the developed and emerging markets that offer evolving opportunities for British business. | Ipsos Consulting
- The Keys to Pharma’s AI Success Include ‘Disruptive Collaborations’ and a Willingness to Innovate and Iterate: Of all of the marketplace dynamics and advances currently posing a threat to pharma’s traditional methods and models, artificial intelligence and advanced data science are causing their fair share of consternation. Pharma’s role is going to change from educating people to educating algorithms. Read this article to find out how pharma can get there and What steps companies can start taking now to adapt. | Pratap Khedkar, ZS Associates
If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops and Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- Consulting Well: Developing Flourishing Consultant-Client Relationships: A consultant-client relationship that flourishes is a good indication that effective consulting is taking place. | Dr.Richard B.Davis, Consulting Mag
- Embrace Your Small Ideas for Big Impacts: Nothing can kill innovation faster than the performance anxiety that results from outsized ambition. The same applies to consultants. | Dev Patnaik, Jump Associates
- Interview Hacks: Explaining Porter’s Five Forces: Do you know about Porter’s Five Forces? Or do you need a little review? Check out this article to learn how to apply this model to specific scenarios. | Vault Blog
- 9 Consultant Skills They Don’t Teach You In Business School: Ways to deflect the divas, how to translate the “blah blah blah”–you won’t find any of these tips in a college textbook. | Nathalie Kleinschmit, Fast Company
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.