This Week in Consulting
Friday, Jan 19th, 2018
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
Rising political and social unrest and disruptive shifts in technology are creating risks and instabilities that are directly impacting businesses around the world. And the velocity of political and technological change is compelling organizations to strengthen their resilience against shocks and surprises. This Week’s Must Read features the 13th edition of the World Economic Forum’s Global Risks Report, undertaken in partnership with Marsh & McLennan Companies, examining the evolving macro-level risk landscape and highlights the systemic threats that may disrupt expectations.
Is your company’s responsiveness aligned with the risks it faces? Find out more by reading the Full Report: “The Global Risks Report 2018”.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- BearingPoint’s Abacus Platform taken up by Raiffeisen Bank International: BearingPoint announced that Raiffeisen Bank International has decided on its ABACUS/Transactions software solution to fulfill several transaction-based reporting requirements. With ABACUS/Transactions, RBI will submit the daily reports according to the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and the accompanying Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation. | BearingPoint Press Release
- Sia Partners Grows Canadian Team to 50 Consultants with E3 acquisition: One month after completing the acquisition of ShiftIN Partners in the Middle East, Sia Partners have now closed a deal in North America. Canadian firm E3, which draws annual revenues in excess of CAN$7 million, will now be added to Sia’s Montreal outfit. | Consultancy uk
- KPMG Continues Push into IAM Space through Cyberinc Buyout: KPMG has bought out Silicon-Valley based identity and access management (IAM) provider Cyberinc as part of its move to expand its cybersecurity solutions worldwide. KPMG says the acquisition will help strengthen its abilities in IAM and also boost both its talent and resources in the fast-growing areas of digital consumer identity and privileged user management. | Sara Barker, Security Brief
- Microsoft Resumes Bitcoin Payments After Halt Over ‘Instability’: After temporarily suspended bitcoin transactions, Microsoft has restored bitcoin as a payment option after working with their provider to ensure lower bitcoin amounts would be redeemable by customers. | Sujha Sundararajan, Coin Desk
Consulting Firms and Independent Consultants:
Have you Registered on Teambuilder, It is a powerful platform connecting consulting firms to pre-qualified consultants on a global scale. Register Today (for free).
- Blockchain and Smart Contracts: What’s In it For Procurement Organizations?: Blockchain is an evolving technology which has the potential to revolutionize future procurement organization and processes. Industry leaders are demanded to be frontrunners, setting the standards for a blockchain environment. Participation and collaboration among supply chain partners will be the new paradigm. | Ferhat Eryurt, Camelot Consulting
- Crowdbanking – The Revolution of the Banking World until 2020: Despite the poor existing product landscape, half of the social media affine customers already use banking products via social media. Integrating the customers via social media in the product development is a main differentiating factor. Almost 50% of customers are currently not satisfied with existing offerings. | Burkhard Wagner, Dr. Tom Gellrich, Goetzpartners
- Diagnostic Transformation Playbook: Much has been said about the future of the consulting industry. Digital platforms and tools have an opportunity to change the way firms operate for the better. However, an analysis by 9Lenses show that consultants have more work to keep pace with the digital transformation services and thought leadership they are proving to clients. | 9Lenses
- Getting Physical: The Rise of Hybrid Ecosystems: Orchestrators of digital ecosystems have all focused on exploiting this winner-take-all dynamic to establish dominant positions. Nondigital players, by contrast, have mostly not succeeded in building digital ecosystems. To win the battle for new hybrid niches, companies must be willing to cannibalize their existing business models, whether digital or physical. | Martin Reeves, Daichi Ueda, Claudio Chittaro, BCG
Check Out other Upcoming Events and Workshops and Start Building Your Community!
- Evolution of Consulting: The Unmet Gap Between Buyers and Providers: What are the top values that companies expect from their consulting partners? As an attempt to answer the question, RGP surveyed more than 450 companies for their views on what they loo for in a consulting partner, how they select companies, and how their needs are being met. The findings revealed a gap between what clients need and what has traditionally been offered. | Kaush Oza, Charlotte Business Journal
- 2018: The Year Design Firms Will Surpass ‘McKinsey & Co’: This article made a point saying that the traditional consulting firms most companies relied on until now do not have the innovation and customer-centric DNA required to deliver system-shifting solutions. What do you think? | Seyi Fabode, Art Plus Marketing
- Business Consultants: What Do They Actually Do?: The role of a business consultant involves working with individuals, small business and organizations regardless of their industry, in order to improve business performance. In this post, you will find what actual skills a business consultant is required to have for him to bring his clientele to success. | Elan Kol, Seltek
- The 10 Largest Consulting Firms in the World: The Big Four are the world’s largest consulting firms, accounting for nearly 40% of the industry’s $150 billion global market. PwC, Deloitte, EY and KPMG are followed by US strategy giants McKinsey & Company and The Boston Consulting Group. | Consultancy uk
- Tefen Consulting NYC office is currently hiring management consultants for client engagements in key industries and functional practice areas (strategy, operations, organizational design, etc). Learn More
- Sia Partners is looking for Senior Consultant in Banking/Capital Markets/CIB to join their London office. Ideal candidates should have 4-6 years management consulting or project management in the banking industry. Learn More
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.