This Week in Consulting
Friday, November 24th, 2017
“Modern technology has immense power to alter the future of a life sciences organization, it has the ability to create a digital world. There’s potential to strengthen relationships with traditional customers, proactively make operational decisions and enhance the productivity of commercial teams. Deploying right technology solutions is no more a choice, it is a necessity for living in a digital world.”
This Week’s Must Read is a news briefing piece from ZS Associates exploring various technology trends and providing strategy recommendations to life science companies on how to be successful in an ever-changing environment.
Read the full article: “It’s a Whole New Digital World for Life Sciences,” written by Brian Chapman, Roz Lawson and Matt Scheitlin.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Addison Group Acquires Bridgepoint Consulting: Addison Group announced the Strategic acquisition of Bridgepoint Consulting, a Texas-based management consulting firm providing finance, technology, and risk/compliance services. | Addison Group Press Release
- PwC to shut 6 regional UK offices in 2018: PwC plans to close six regional offices from April 2018. The move is said be to an operational strategy to make fewer, larger offices more efficient. | Camilla Hodgson, Business Insider
- Accenture and Pivotal Launch New Business Group to Help Enterprises Accelerate Cloud Migration and Speed Software Development: Accenture and Pivotal Software, Inc., have formed a new business group to help Fortune Global 500 companies and other large enterprises accelerate their software development and innovate at startup speed. | Accenture Newsroom
- Unisys: Rethink AI in 2018 – or risk failing: 2018 will be the year that most enterprises realize AI and other emerging technologies will require hard work. | Forrester Research, ZD Net
- Forces of Change: The Future of Mobility: A number of forces are converging to change the way people and goods travel from point A to point B. The resulting new mobility ecosystem could have wide-reaching impacts that span a host of industries and players. | Scott Corwin and Derek M. Pankratz, Deloitte Insights
- Value Stream Mapping to Identify Improvement Projects: Value stream mapping is a powerful tool that helps to identify the vital few Lean and Six Sigma projects that will yield the highest value to the process in question. | Thomas Bertels, Valeocon Management Consulting
- InsurTech Caught On The Radar: Hype Or The Next Frontier?: InsurTech is currently one of the hottest topics in the insurance industry.But are they a hype or will winners take their place in the growing InsurTech space? | Dietmar Kottmann and Nikolai Dordrechter, Oliver Wyman
- Good Enough Won’t Win You The Race: Before starting to implement a new digital product right away, create a fork of your design which resembles the core of the value of your product first. | Roland Rust
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.