This Week in Consulting
Friday, November 17th, 2017
“Customers today demand more of their online retail experience, seeking a more interactive shopping experience along with more detailed and more engaging content to aid in making purchasing decisions. Product information management is the customer-driven organization’s tool for reaching and engaging this audience in an increasingly competitive environment.“
This Week’s Must Read comes from an insight piece from the Jabian Journal, in which the consultant explores ways for traditional brick-and-mortar stores to stay competitive in the face of the new digital ecosystem of retail and quickly evolving changes in consumer behaviors.
Read the full article: “End of the Aisle? –How do brick-and-mortar stores stay relevant in the digital landscape?”
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Parthenon-EY expands in Nordics with the acquisition of BOX Associates: EY has acquired strategy consultancy BOX Associates to further enhance the firm’s position in the growing market for growth ventures, innovation, and digital transformation. | Parthenon-EY News Release
- The FA Announces Digital Transformation Partnership with Cognizant: The FA has announced an agreement with Cognizant, making Cognizant The FA’s digital transformation partner, supporting the football governing body’s new digital engagement program. | Cognizant Press Release
- Deloitte Reports More Than 26,000 Blockchain Projects Launched in 2016: In its report titled “Evolution of Blockchain Technology: Insights from the GitHub Platform,” Deloitte claimed that the number of Blockchain projects by both organizations and individual users at the development platform in 2016 is the biggest so far. | Lisa Froelings, The Cointelegraph
- McKinsey to repay R1bn: McKinsey has set aside the R1-billion Eskom has demanded it repays and is keen to pay back the money. | Linda Ensor, Times LIVE
- How to Unlock the Potential of Key Account Management: Overcoming KAMs’ challenges and reversing disappointing results requires that medtech companies focus on finding, cultivating, scaling and empowering the right talent, and enabling them to build and sustain long-term relationships with their accounts. | Brian Chapman, Roz Lawson and Matt Scheitlin, ZS Associates
- Supply Chain Collaboration: Supplier chain collaboration itself isn’t new. What’s new is that it’s taken on a much greater urgency and importance. | Charles (Chuck) Intrieri
- What do dogs and artificial intelligence have in common?: To think of AI as a ‘clever human’ is to misunderstand it, and what it’s capable of. And that could affect how you develop it and what tasks you give it. | Tom Watt, PA Consulting
- “Pop-Up” Teams: In today’s world of rapidly changing markets and technological advances, the traditional focus on scale and efficiency is going the way of the dinosaur. | Deb Seidman, Green Silks Associates
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.