This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
2019 AI Predictions: Six AI priorities you can’t afford to ignore
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Leading companies are already starting to move their AI models into production, where they will run operations to enhance decision-making and provide forward-looking intelligence to people in every function. If you’re serious about AI, formalize your approach and develop company-wide capabilities so successful (and smaller) projects can be replicated and built into a greater whole…”
Most executives know that artificial intelligence (AI) has the power to change almost everything about the way they do business — and could contribute up to $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030. But what many business leaders don’t know is how to deploy AI, not just in a pilot here or there, but throughout the organization, where it can create maximum value.
The “how” is the sticking point with any emerging technology, and AI is no exception. How do you define your AI strategy? How do you find AI-literate workers or train existing staff? What can you do to get your data AI-ready? How do you ensure your AI is trustworthy?
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from PwC, where the consultants give answers to these answers and predictions on the six key areas that will help companies become AI leaders…
Read on to Find out More: “2019 AI Predictions: Six AI priorities you can’t afford to ignore“, Anand Rao, Scott Likens, Michael Baccala, Michael Shehab, Pwc.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
In this Briefings Direct podcast, Dana Gardner of Interarbor Solutions and his panelists explore the ways that rapidly evolving technology is impacting the future of procurement.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- New Accenture Microsoft Business Group will empower enterprises to thrive in the era of digital disruption: New Accenture Microsoft Business Group will empower enterprises to thrive in the era of digital disruption: Management and tech consultancy Accenture, together with Microsoft and their joint venture Avanade, have launched a the Accenture Microsoft Business Group (AMBG). The 10,000-person group will focus on digital transformations enabled by Microsoft platforms. | Microsoft News Center
- Cognizant Marks Official Opening of Boulder Tech Innovation Hub : Cognizant opened an Accelerator global technology center and innovation hub in Boulder on February 7. The Cognizant Accelerator division’s business and tech experts spearhead a new technology development and invest in emerging external startups. The new center will employ 100 professionals. | Cision PRNewswire
- Concept Plus acquires boutique firm Dougherty & Associates : Concept Plus, an Oracle partner and government health and technology services provider, has acquired Virginia-based boutique management consultancy firm Dougherty & Associates (DAI Solutions). DAI Solutions will continue to operate under its own name, as a Concept Plus subsidiary. | Consulting.us
- DCI Consulting Group Acquires EEO Litigation Firm Savina Consulting : Denver-based employment litigation and HR boutique consultancy Savina Consulting has been acquired by DCI Consulting Group, a Washington DC-based HR risk management firm. | Training Consulting
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Accelerate The Future!: The objective of this event is to offer you a complete overview of opportunities, perspectives, technologies and to bring together the French and international Big Data ecosystem…
The AI Summit From how you engage with your customers to how you fundamentally operate as an organisation, AI has cemented its place as the catalyst to business transformation all over the world.
- AI adoption advances, but foundational barriers remain The adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) is rapidly taking hold across global business. Survey respondents report the rapid adoption of AI and expect only a minimal effect on head count. Yet few companies have in place the foundational building blocks that enable AI to generate value at scale. | Michael Chui, McKinsey
- AI-fueled organizations :As AI technologies standardize across industries, becoming an AI-fueled organization will likely be table stakes for survival. And that means rethinking the way humans and machines interact within working environments. For some organizations, harnessing artificial intelligence’s full potential begins tentatively with explorations of select enterprise opportunities and a few potential use cases. | Nitin Mittal, Samir Hans, David Kuder, Deloitte
- How Artificial Intelligence Will Help Transform Personal Health in 2019: Artificial intelligence technology has made great strides in the last decade, with AI models outperforming humans in various tasks. One field for which AI promises major disruption in healthcare. This is largely due to three major factors: The incredibly complex nature of the human body and the healthcare system that treats it, and the explosion of digitized healthcare data. | Yaron Hadad, Nutrino
- 6 ways AI Is transforming the Life Sciences (already): Most in the life sciences agree that artificial intelligence (AI) will reshape the sector from R&D through commercial. Although AI has only just left the starting gate and most activity is in exploratory phases, some benefits are starting to emerge. | Rupen Mehta, Stephen Morehouse, PA Consulting Group
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- Management Consulting’s AI-powered Existential Crisis: Smart technology is as much a threat to strategy consulting as it is proving to be to Wall Street. | Megan Beck and Barry Libert, OpenMatters
- AI In 2019 According To Recent Surveys And Analysts’ Predictions: AI is the talk of the world and it features prominently in predictions for 2019 and recent surveys by consulting firms and other observers of the tech scene. | Gil Press, gPress
- The Five AI Professionals Companies Need to Succeed in 2019 :Job openings for artificial intelligence workers rose by 63 per cent last year, making expertise in the technology one of the most in-demand skills. | Pooja Singh, Entrepreneur Asia Pacific
- 7 ways AI will boost commission plans in 2019: When it comes to reshaping sales management processes in 2019, AI will play a pivotal role, according to SiriusDecisions. | Grant Smith, CallidusCloud
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]