This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, January 22nd 2020
Are You Ready for Tomorrow’s World?
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“When we started our research, we had some preconceived ideas about tomorrow’s world. Many studies have been undertaken to explore the future of society, the environment, business, and even the workplace. Our challenge was to focus explicitly on the business context and the impact on people and work.”
This article presents important points around the people management challenges by identifying three worlds and business models for the future.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Pwc where the authors explore the future of people management.
Read on to Find out More: “Managing tomorrow’s people“ | Michael Rendell, Sandy Pepper, Karen Vander Linde and Leyla Yildirim, Pwc.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Dave Ulrich, the father of modern HR, enlights the four key pathways to help us build a more effective organization.
- What trends will dominate HR tech in 2020? “Over the last several months, I’ve been focusing on the planning, execution and post-event activities for the recently concluded HR Technology Conference, which, by all accounts, was our largest and most successful event ever.” Steve Boese gives us his scientific approach to the influence of digital in HR and what to consider in 2020. | Steve Boese, H3 HR Advisors
- 7 Digital HR Trends for 2020: “There is a lot of interest in the topic of digital HR. In 2019, I had the pleasure of speaking at multiple conferences that bore this title. However, when I asked participants to define digital HR, it proved hard to find a definition that everyone agreed on. The good news is that when we look at next year’s digital HR trends, the first trend is that this misunderstanding will disappear. That’s important because if we don’t know what digital HR is, how can we unleash its true value?” What developments and what trends should we expect in digital HR for 2020? | Erik van Vulpen, AIHR
- From Talent Management To Talent Experience. Why The HR Tech Market Is In Disruption: “HR technology follows general tech and social trends. In the early 2000s companies started to automate the forms we used in HR. Technologies like applicant tracking systems (ATS), learning management systems (LMS), and performance management systems (PMS) were growing explosively, giving birth to a market of these “talent management” tools.” An interesting overview of how “talent experience” is disrupting the HR technology market. | Josh Bersin, Josh Bersin Academy
- Future of HR 2020: Which path are you taking? “This year, at first glance, seemed to be a continuation of trends and themes that we have observed over the last three years, particularly the way in which the HR function seems to be dividing into various groupings. At one end are those that are fundamentally changing their focus and priorities in order to take on the challenges resulting from digital disruption; on the other, those preferring to stick with the “tried and true.” But we quickly realised that, this year, the data has crystallized into something more definitive.” Captivating to discover how digital disruption and AI will change the overall shape of the workforce and the challenges to drive business value. | Mark Spears, KPMG.
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Manchester HR Summit : The Manchester HR Summit is an excellent platform for collaboration between those working in the HR industry, and those who provide the latest solutions and services in this sector.
The HR, talent and payroll technologies expo: Over 700 professionals were gathered in 2019 for the 1st edition to discuss business opportunities as well as HR, talent and payroll technology trends.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- Microsoft pledges to be ‘carbon negative’ by 2030: “Microsoft has announced it aims to remove more carbon from the atmosphere than it emits by 2030 and hopes to have removed enough carbon to account for all the direct emissions the company has ever made by 2050.” | The Guardian
- Google now treats iPhones as physical security keys: “ Two-factor authentication is one of the most important steps you can take to secure your online accounts, and provides an additional layer of security beyond a standard username and password. Physical security keys are much more secure than the six digit codes that are in common use today, since these codes can be intercepted almost as easily as passwords themselves.” | Jon Porter, The Verge
- The Net Zero Challenge: Fast-Forward to Decisive Climate Action– “The World Economic Forum (WEF), in collaboration with Boston Consulting Group (BCG), released a report today that examines the current state of climate action by companies and governments and provides insights about the actions that corporations, governments, and civil society can take now, both collectively and individually, to limit global warming.” |PRNewswire and BCG
- SAP SuccessFactors helps EY to transform HR structure: “Having doubled its headcount in five years, Big Four firm EY needed to overhaul its internal human resources systems to on-board and support its 290,000 global staff. SAP SuccessFactors supported EY in the transformation of its HR operations, boosting the ability of employees to access vital compliance training within the organisation.” | Consultancy.uk
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.