This Week in Consulting
Friday, July 13th, 2018
Beyond Brexit: Navigating Through Uncertainties
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“In times of significant discontinuity, one approach to business strategy stands above others: Scenario Planning. It is a powerful method for dealing with uncertainty, allowing executives to move away from making mere forecasts, and instead developing a number of scenarios that describe alternative ways in which the future might unfold.”
Brexit represents the biggest disruption to business in a generation and will affect every business across all industries and sectors. Europe is on countdown to March 2019 when the UK will officially leave the EU. A potential transition period is still under negotiation. How and what that may look like has not yet been determined or clarified, and despite progress huge uncertainties remain. For a process that has been more political than commercial to date, it is important that a company with UK and European business interests has planned for a number of different outcomes and is prepared for a period of extended uncertainty. Companies will need to be flexible and ensure they have a range of options in place to protect their interests.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from L.E.K, where the consultant sets out four possible scenarios for a post-Brexit world, and explain how to develop a winning strategy for an uncertain future.
Read on to Find out More: “Brexit: Building a Strategic Response”, featuring Aubry Pierre from L.E.K.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
How do we address the fear as well as growing disillusionment with the political establishment, while refusing to give in to xenophobia and nationalism after the Brexit? Join Betts as he discusses four post-Brexit steps toward a more inclusive world.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Arcadis and Techstars Join Forces to Dream Up ‘City of 2030’: To support start-ups in the development the technologies of more holistic cities, consulting firm Arcadis has joined forces with entrepreneur network Techstars to launch the “City of 2030 Accelerator”. | Tech Starts Press Release
- Baringa Partners Agrees Partnership with Cloud Provider Workiva: Global consulting firm Baringa Partners has signed a partnership with human resources platform Wdesk. The alliance will see the firm leverage its industry expertise and experienced regulatory advisory services to help customers streamline risk and compliance processes and improve data-driven decisions. | Workiva Press Release
- Why a Shift to Circular Economy Thinking can Benefit Corporate Strategies: A shift from a linear mindset to applying circular economy practices to business thinking can benefit corporates across a range of domains, according to new white paper. | Consultancy uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- Five Ways to Create Brexit Proof Leaders: The implications of departing the EU are proving to be wider-reaching than many anticipated, and organisations are re-planning strategies, restructuring businesses, and re-considering recruitment, all without the clarity of new legislation. | Amy Dickinson, Marianne Smith, PA Consulting
- Not Just Across the Pond: How US financial institutions prepare for Brexit: Financial institutions headquartered in the US have varying degrees of exposure to the situation in the UK including
deposits, loans, and securities; physical assets such as branches, call centers, offices; and employees, contractors, and vendors. This article examines how these emerging issues will likely influence specific areas within your business | John Stadtler, Bill Lewis, Adam Gilbert, Chris Scarpati, PwC Consulting
- Costs Up, Prices Up: Brexit’s Impact On Consumer Business And Their Customers: Tariffs and red tape on imports and labour costs all contribute to the price paid for a product or service. All three of these may change after Brexit and our work measures the complex interactions between them. | Duncan Brewer, Lisa Quest, Rachel Gregory, Oliver Wyman
- 8 Ways to Strengthen Your Brexit Supply Chain: Brexit threatens to rip up the rules on how supply chains operate across Europe. This insight piece is designed to address some of the most urgent issues from managing a squeeze on working capital, to avoiding customs chaos and how to exploit that strategic opportunity. | Andrew Underwood, KPMG
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- The Business Model of Big Consulting Is Overdue for Change: A consulting industry traditionally dominated by global giants with brand names like PWC and McKinsey, which generated some $250 billion in 2016, is now ripe for disruption too. | Catalant
- Productivity vs. Efficiency- Grow Your Business the Smarter Way: Productivity and Efficiency are two very different concepts. virtually every employee can bring more to their job but no one is doing it. | Helene Laffitte, Consulting Quest
- How You Can Learn To Think Like A Consultant At A Top Firm: If you want to begin to train and exercise your mind to think like a consultant at a top level firm, this article is for you. | Forbes
- 9 Consultant Skills They Don’t Teach You In Business School: Ways to deflect the divas, how to translate the “blah blah blah”–you won’t find any of these tips in a college textbook. | Nathalie Kleinschmit, Fast Company
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.