This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, September 25th , 2019
Challenges of sourcing organizations face of the consumers disruption
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Instead of establishing themselves as business partners equipped to influence strategic agendas, many sourcing organizations still function by passively taking orders from merchants and the marketing team. They tend to be overly focused on transactional day-to-day tasks, which are important for business operations but have little strategic business impact…“
Motivated by the need to buy better and smarter across all functions it’s the time for sourcing to show its true value as an equal business partner and to take point in improving cost competitiveness.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from A.T.Kearney in which the consultants discuss on how sourcing organizations should become strategic partners.
Read on to Find out More: “Winning with Sourcing Excellence in the Consumer Goods Landscape” | Keat Yap, Young Han Koh and Chee Chiew Wong, A.T.Kearney.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
This week video is a podcast from by Philip Ideson about Technology “Turn Arounds” with active procurement practitioners and thought leaders.
- The Ultimate Guide To Strategic Sourcing: “Strategic sourcing is the process a business uses to allow procurement to take the lead in satisfying business needs. With it, procurement can find ways to save money while also adding value. It involves internal collaboration with stakeholders and suppliers, as well as critical analysis of spend, and supplier risk management.” This article highlights the benefits of strategic sourcing and how strategic procurement gives your company a competitive advantage. | Lyle DelVecchio, PurchaseControl
- The Consulting Procurement Process Doesn’t Stop With the Order: “When does procurement turn into a partnership? The easy answer is that as soon as the order is placed, procurement is over and done with. But in reality, the procurement process doesn’t stop with the order. To be successful, it should be a long-term process that goes beyond the moment the contract is signed”. Here the author shows how consulting should be based on a mutually beneficial partnership. | Hélène Laffitte, Consulting Quest
- Supply Chain Disruption: Aligning Business Strategy and Supply Chain Tactics– “In an age of accelerating forces of globalisation, technology and climate change, a new SCM perspective is needed on how we minimise ever-increasing and damaging (at times fatal) operational breakdowns in the performance of such a critical organisational function.” How Supply Chain Risk Management performs a critical function across the full spectrum of military, humanitarian and business SCM domains? | Steve O’Sullivan, KoganPage
- Strategic sourcing is a team sport: “ In the current federal contracting environment, perhaps more than ever before, the need for cost reduction has come into sharper focus—and with it, strategic sourcing and contract management to protect funding have become more important than ever.” An analysis on how agencies can optimize the level of achievable savings while also reducing overall acquisition processing cycle times with just a few strategic adjustments to their procurement teams. | Gary Sutton, Deloitte
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Strategic Sourcing Summit 2019 is a premier knowledge-exchange platform which brings all the senior leaders from strategic sourcing, procurement and operations function under one roof to share the ideas, information and solutions around framework, innovation and trends with all key developments which will improve the state of strategic sourcing for Indian organizations
Procurement and Strategic Sourcing Forum : will feature areas like A Seat At The Table: Strengthening The Voice Of Procurement Among Key Stakeholders, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM): Unlocking The Potential Of Your Suppliers, Leveraging Analytics For Supply Chain Efficiency, Game-Changing Procurement Advances: Leveraging AI For Sourcing Succes, and much more…
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- New horizons: WTTC and Deloitte unveil initiative on future of work transformations in tourism– To ensure a successful transformation in the digital revolution, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) and Deloitte today announced a collaboration to support the tourism sector in addressing the anticipated work and workforce shifts in the sector and associated public policy impacts. | Megha Paul, Travel Daily
- Libra Europe partners with homelessness charity Centrepoint: With HRH The Duke of Cambridge acting as Patron since 2005, Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for the homeless currently supporting more than 10,000 homeless young people aged 16-24. | Libra Europe Consulting (LEC)
- BearingPoint celebrates decade milestone with #10DaysOfCaring: As international consultancy BearingPoint celebrates 10 years of independence, it has announced the largest corporate social responsibility drive in its history. The firm’s #10DaysOfCaring campaign will see the firm volunteering and giving back to people, the planet, and society across its offices in September. |Consultancy.uk
- Oliver Wyman : Enhances Cyber Capabilities with Next Peak Collaboration– Global management consulting firm Oliver Wyman and Next Peak, an operational cyber defense consulting company, announced today a new collaboration to offer a broader and enhanced range of advisory and operational services to clients focused on defending and improving resilience against global cyber threats. | Oliver Wyman
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.