This Week in Consulting
Wednesday,April 17th, 2019
How CFOs Can Effectively Engage Procurement to Maximize EBITDA
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“There needs to be a clear collaboration and partnership between procurement, finance, and the executive suite when it comes to meeting current business objectives.”
Modern CFOs are laser-focused on improving their company’s operating performance, often measured by EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization). Although there are a number of functions that can impact EBITDA, savvy finance chiefs recognize that the procurement function can be a powerful enabler for driving cost savings and operating efficiencies. While a better understanding of procurement is a logical path for CFOs, there are some challenges.
This Week’s Must Read features a white paper from GEP, in which the consultants further explore the relationship between EBITDA improvement and the procurement process.
Read on to Find out More: “How CFOs Can Effectively Engage Procurement to Maximize EBITDA“, GEP.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Deloitte’s 2019 Financial Services Industry Outlooks outlines financial services industry trends, critical business issues, and regulatory challenges.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Financial services firms Catalyst Development and Sionic Advisors merge: A cross-Atlantic deal brokered between two UK and US based firms is set to create one of the world’s largest specialist consultancies. Catalyst, which has recently been expanding its capacity with a campaign of acquisitions, will join forces with Sionic Advisors to forge a company of over 300 people, catering to clients from the financial services sector of three continents. | Iris Dorbian
- Accenture to Acquire ESP to Help Life Sciences Clients Digitize and Transform Manufacturing Operations: Global technology and consulting firm Accenture has agreed to purchase Irish consultancy Enterprise System Partners. The deal further strengthens Accenture Industry X.0, on the back of two other deals for the manufacturing-centred arm of the firm. | Accenture
- OneDigital Health buys Atlanta competitor in company’s ‘largest acquisition’ ever :Human resources and benefits consultancy OneDigital Health and Benefits has acquired Northwestern Benefit, the largest privately held benefits broker in Georgia. OneDigital’s rapid expansion last year boosted annual revenue by $100 million in 2018, reaching $400 million. | Eric Mandel, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- The BCG-backed B Capital Group has raised over $400 million in the first close of its second fund. Based in Singapore, B Capital has now raised $766 million across two funds. Further, B Capital and BCG work together to uncover the most promising areas of investment. |Consultancy.asia
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
The CFO 2019 Meeting: From the AI to the Blockchain, including the recruitment of new talent in the finance function, this 9th annual meeting will be an opportunity for you to tackle your priority projects in 2019!
4th Global Procurement Conference: The goal of the Global Procurement Conference is to raise awareness for the planetary implications of joint decisions regarding what is purchased, how and for whom in the public domain.
- The Future of Procurement Technology: Mediocrity Is No Longer Acceptable -Procurement faces a wake-up call as tectonic shifts in technology threaten to completely alter the function, leading eventually to its automation. Companies have three options for embracing this major change. | Hugo Evans and Stephen Easton, A.T. Kearney
- Trends in Supply Chain Management: Supply chain management is all about meeting customer demands in a way that is profitable and sustainable. As demands change, so must supply chains so that they can be managed and operated as needed. Here is how the supply chain will change in the next decade. | Yuval Barak
- 5 Critical Procurement Trends that will Define 2019: For a long time, many organizations have based their procurement activity solely on reducing costs. Cost reduction is still important in 2019 but procurement teams need to place more emphasis on return on investment and be more strategic in their activities. | James Duffy, Softco
- The Key Procurement and Technology trends: 2019 is set to be a seismic year around the world. Major changes, such as further geo-political upheaval, the looming spectre of global trade wars and tariffs aplenty, have the potential to disrupt supply chains and set metaphorical trip wires for procurement professionals everywhere. It’s rarely been more important to get a solid grip on the key factors in the market and external environment. | Euan Granger, Glasgow City Council
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- The Future Of Management Consultancy & The Challenges Ahead: Anyone in the management consulting industry knows that today’s firms face a host of business challenges, some age-old and some brand new. Check them out. | Jonathan Wyatt,Proviti
- The Skills Most In Demand For Independent Management Consultants: Naturally, over time skill requirements for independent consultants change as project themes change. Here are the results of the BTG survey on organization leaders about the emerging project and skills demands for independent consultants. | Jon Younger, Agile Talent Collaborative
- The Management Consulting Industry 2019 and Beyond: The multi-billion dollar industry is growing at a steady rate, but analysts predict downhill for the maturing industry. Should management consulting companies be worried? Read on to find out more. | Judy Caroll, Callbox Inc
- 7 Recruiting Trends That Will Continue Into 2019: Last year several new recruiting tactics were introduced. This year, we’ve seen them adopted and implemented. And many of these modern methods will shape the hiring process in 2019. | Direct Consulting Associates
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.