This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, July 17th , 2019
Managing Risk in an Agile Organization
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“As organizations move to agile delivery, control functions, including risk, compliance and business control teams, will need to rethink their interaction models for executing credible challenge and advising the business in near real-time methods.”
In this paper, Protiviti shares its Agile Risk Management philosophy. Risk management has to be designed appropriately to keep pace with agile organizations. They define practices for next-generation risk management that are more agile and better aligned, allow for operational excellence, and are focused on customer satisfaction.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Protiviti on the foundations of agile risk management.
Read on to Find out More: “Managing Risk in an Agile Organization“
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Dr Salim Al-Harthi and Dr David Hillson explain the purpose of the “100 Risk Questions” video project, and outline the structure of the video series.
- What is enterprise risk management? How to put cybersecurity threats into a business context– “Security is growing in significance to effective enterprise operational risk management Tight alignment with both the ERM and crisis management programs is essential.” Many companies still have a traditional approach to enterprise risk by assessing financial, regulatory and operational risks. But cyber risks are an increasing part of the equation. Are ERM program mature enough to assess these new risks? | Maria Korolov
- The future of risk management: “Firms should focus as much on risk response as on risk mitigation,” advises John Drzik, president of global risk and digital at Marsh, one of the report sponsors.” From cyber attacks to physical risks, are all low-probability/high-consequence events truly beyond our ability to identify and manage? | Helen Yates
- Confronting the risks of artificial intelligence: “With great power comes great responsibility. Organizations can mitigate the risks of applying artificial intelligence and advanced analytics by embracing three principles.” We have all acknowledge the potential of artificial intelligence. But are we prepared to manage the risks that will arise from a broader application of AI in our organizations? | Benjamin Cheatham, Kia Javanmardian, and Hamid Samandari, McKinsey
- 2019 The state of Risk Oversight: “An increasing number of organizations have embraced the concept of enterprise risk management (ERM), which is designed to provide an organization’s board and senior leaders a top-down, strategic perspective of risks on the horizon so that those risks can be managed proactively to increase the likelihood the organization will achieve its core objectives.” The portfolio of potential risks is increasingly complex. How do leaders identify, assess, and manage these risks? The article presents an overview of enterprise management practices. | Mark Beasley, Bruce Branson and Bonnie Hancock, North Carolina State University
- The Global Risks Report 2019: “Profound political, economic, societal, technological and environmental transformations are occurring at an unprecedented scale and pace and have become a part of day-to-day business life.” Is your company responding effectively to the risks it is facing? The 14th edition of the Global Risks Report, prepared by the World Economic Forum, is compulsory reading if you are interested in risk management. | John Drzik, Marsh & McLennan
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
What Keeps You Awake at Night? :Discover proactive risk management strategies to overcome recession fears, emerging risks, and reputational risk.
Risk USA : Re-inventing risk management in a radically changing financial landscape.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- New Studio Blockchain Accelerator by IDEO Gets Amazon, Fidelity, Deloitte and Messari Backing: DEO CoLab, which is a subsidiary of IDEO, has found companies such as Fidelity, Amazon, Deloitte, Messari, the Ethereum Foundation and the Stellar Foundation as important partners in this enterprise. | BitcoinExchangeGuide
- A.T. Kearney Research on In-Store Consumer Retail Technology Finds Retailers Missing Opportunity to Meet Consumer Expectations Around In-Store Technology: The 2019 Consumer Retail Technology Survey, found that while 75 percent of consumers are aware of at least one retail technology, only 33 percent have experienced any. When it comes to in-store technologies, most retailers are lagging behind consumer awareness of them in terms of providing an experience involving one or more. | Cision PR Newswire
- Capgemini launches first technology venture capital fund: International professional services firm Capgemini has announced it will expand its offering to start-ups with a new technology venture capital fund. Firms which successfully court the fund will receive an investment between €1 million and €5 million, as well as access to assistance from Capgemini’s consultancy business. | Consultancy.uk
Estée Lauder Expands OMD Hong Kong Remit : Estée Lauder in Hong Kong & Macau has appointed OMD Hong Kong to manage the media brief for its portfolio of prestige skincare, makeup, and fragrance brands. | Bobby McGill, Branding in Asia
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.