This Week in Consulting
Wednesday,April 10th, 2019
Procurement: Riding the Transformative Digital Wave
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“With the advent of the digital age, expectations for procurement are no longer confined to the contribution to the bottom line. Backed by real-time access to market data and trends, procurement can offer valuable information for top-line strategic decisions.”
As businesses race to adapt to a new modus operandi in the face of disruptive technology, procurement leaders are using digital tools to capture both bottom-line efficiency and top-line growth. For businesses, digital is no longer only about using technologies to capture value. In today’s rapidly evolving environment, it is a powerful force for top-line growth, bottom-line efficiency, and radical business transformation.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from AT Kearney, in which the consultants discuss why it is important for procurement to move beyond bottom-line efficiency in order to survive in this new digital reality.
Read on to Find out More: “Procurement: Riding the Transformative Digital Wave“, Keat Yap, Young Han Koh, and Chee Chiew Wong, AT Kearney.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
The world economy enters the new year with good momentum, presenting procurement leaders with an opportunity to deliver greater value through innovation while continuing to deliver cost reduction and managing risk.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- EY to expand legal services offerings globally with acquisition of the Pangea3 business from Thomson Reuters : EY has struck a deal with Thomson Reuters to purchase its Pangea3 business. The acquisition will significantly strengthen EY’s global legal offering, with the Big Four currently making major headway in the sector. | Virginia Milazzo,Ey
- Marketing consultancy KAE has agreed a partnership with two Norwegian digital consulting companies: NEW & Company and Shortcut. The collaboration will see the trio of firms work together in the area of services, capabilities, expertise and networks. | Consultancy.uk
- Grant Thornton leads deal for high-growth cloud hosting business: Grant Thornton’s North West Corporate Finance team has completed its first TMT deal of 2019. The professional services firm advised the shareholders of Hosted Desktop UK on their investment from specialist SME lender Beechbrook Capital. | Bdaily
- Consulting as a Service: remotely building internal competencies-The rise of cloud services is set to transform the consulting industry. Paul Boucher, cofounder of Oneflexiwork, shares his thoughts on the benefits of Consulting as a Service (CaaS) and elaborates on offerings in the space. |Paul Boucher, Oneflexiwork
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Driving Procurement Transformation: Don’t miss this opportunity to listen to inspirational stories and take part in small, interactive working groups to drive forward your procurement transformation projects, update your knowledge on digitalisation and learn how to become ever more agile!
4th Global Procurement Conference: The goal of the Global Procurement Conference is to raise awareness for the planetary implications of joint decisions regarding what is purchased, how and for whom in the public domain.
- The Building Blocks of Sustainable Procurement: Procurement — a major part of any organization’s budget — is being integrated with sustainability, which involves making purchase decisions that both meet a company’s need for goods and services, and minimize the environmental impact. The importance of this framework has increased in recent years, with new ISO certifications being offered to companies that are making sustainability a part of their procurement process. | GEP
- Ten trends shaping the future of procurement : Digital technologies will enable a stronger procurement capability in years to come. Embracing the future introduces a new way of working for clients. In this article, 10 trends are identified that might shape the world of procurement for years to come, check them out. | Niul Burton, EY
- Industry 4.0: How digitization makes the supply chain more efficient, agile, and customer-focused -The supply chain today is a series of largely discrete, siloed steps taken through marketing, product development, manufacturing, and distribution, and finally into the hands of the customer. Digitization brings down those walls, and the chain becomes a completely integrated ecosystem that is fully transparent to all the players involved — from the suppliers of raw materials, components, and parts, to the transporters of those supplies and finished goods, and finally to the customers demanding fulfillment. | Stefan Schrauf, Philipp Berttram, Pwc Network
- From a patchwork of solutions to unbroken digital thread: There was a time when businesses seeking to streamline their procurement operations, particularly the labor-intensive aspects of sourcing, purchasing, and contracting/payments, would purchase software applications narrowly focused on one of those areas. | Patrick McCarthy, SAP Ariba
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- Top 5 Business Challenges for Management Consulting Firms: Anyone in the management consulting industry knows that today’s firms face a host of business challenges, some age-old and some brand new. Check them out. | Lee Frederiksen, Hinge
- 5 Tips for Building a Killer Consulting Business: You already have the expertise and the contacts. So what do you do next? Here’s a good place to start. Check out these tips on starting a consulting business this year. | Scott Steinberg, TechSavvy Global
- The Rules of the Consulting Resume : Once you’ve set your sights on consulting as a career path—and figured out what type of firm you would like to work for—the next step is to get your resume ready. | Alexandra Nuth, Brightside
- 7 Recruiting Trends That Will Continue Into 2019: Last year several new recruiting tactics were introduced. This year, we’ve seen them adopted and implemented. And many of these modern methods will shape the hiring process in 2019. | Direct Consulting Associates
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.