This Week in Consulting
Wednesday,April 3rd, 2019
Searching for Growth in an Age of Disruption
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The Asset Management industry stands at a critical junction. Structural pressures are set to intensify for the core active business, yet we see an alternative path to attractive pockets of growth in EM/ China, private markets and solutions for firms.”
Asset managers and wholesale banks are under increasing investor pressure to accelerate growth while managing down costs. Yet both are facing falling margins and a market environment that is disappointing relative to expectations. The race is on to launch new propositions for clients and gain share by addressing emerging client needs and combat disruption from new entrants. But this must be accompanied by an aggressive focus on the bottom line
This Week’s Must Read features the 2019 edition of Oliver Wyman’s annual report with Morgan Stanley, which outlines how pockets of strong growth for asset managers and wholesale banks can enable them to exceed low market expectations.
Read on to Find out More: “Searching for Growth in an Age of Disruption“, Morgan Stanley & Oliver Wyman
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
DBS Bank CEO Piyush Gupta discusses what he calls the “cataclysmic disruption” facing the banks and the future growth leaders the industry needs.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Teneo Acquires Quay Advisers: Global CEO advisory firm Teneo has acquired Sydney-based strategic communications and investor relations advisory company Quay Advisers. Founded in 2011, Teneo has rapidly expanded in the past eight years. The addition of Quay Advisers will bolster Teneo’s Sydney office, which opened last year with Emily Blyth was managing director. | Cision
- Livingbridge takes stake in fast-growing Vendigital : Vendigital, a global consultancy based in London, has secured a major investment from private equity firm Livingbridge. The news comes as the latest chapter in a succession of funding packages Livingbridge has handed the growing UK consulting sector. | Livingbridge
- Gryphon Buys Engineering, Technical Services Provider Schafer: Aerospace, defense, power, and industrial-focused private equity firm AE Industrial Partners (AEI) has combined similar portfolio firms Gryphon Technologies and Schafer. The latter firm was acquired in 2017 by engineering, recruiting, and IT consultancy Belcan, a portfolio company of AEI. | Gryphon Technologies
- Global 5G rollout expected to reach one in seven by 2025 : 5G networks – which promise lightning-fast data connections – are set to spread across the developed world in the coming decade. Uptake will be relatively low to start, however with a similar deployment to the previous 4G network. By 2025, approximately one in seven users are projected to be on 5G. |Consultancy.us
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Big Disruption: New technologies are disrupting all areas of our economy and society. No industry is an exception. The question is how can established companies stay at the forefront of innovation and benefit from new technologies, changing regulation and digitally empowered customers in a constantly changing market? What are startup companies doing differently to win overlooked customers?…
Digital Disruption Summit bring together leading C-level executives, analysts and solution providers to network and attend interactive agenda sessions on the latest business topics and trends.
- Governing in the age of disruption: Global economies are in the midst of unprecedented technological change, including an explosion in automation, the takeoff of artificial intelligence, and rapid advances in fields such as nanotechnology and genomics. This disruption will affect just about every aspect of society—from industrial strategies and competitiveness to the labor market to the way government itself functions. | Vincent Chin, Christopher Malone, J. Puckett and Alexander Türpitz, BCG
- Preparing to disrupt and grow :Insurance CEOs are bullish about their growth prospects. According to our survey, most think they will outperform the market. They say they are already disrupting their competitors. And they feel they are transforming their businesses in order to get closer to their customers. | Gary Reader, KPMG
- In wake of disruption from multiple fronts, banks face new realities: Initially seen as foes with the potential to upend traditional banking, now FinTechs are embraced as value-adding collaborators. However, banking hasn’t come out of the FinTech wave unscathed. Disruption, innovation, and trends have driven irreversible changes. Digitally-empowered customers now expect banks to proactively identify their needs and preferences to provide precise services at the desired touchpoint. | Capgemini
- The Pulse of Gaming :As the game industry continues to grow and expand its target market to nearly every person with access to an Internet connection, the capabilities needed to gain a competitive advantage are changing too. Game companies need to create compelling gaming experiences focused on the things gamers want, in the distribution channels they consume, and ahead of what competitors may bring. | Christian Kelly, Bikash Mishra, Justine Jequinto, Accenture
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- 68 Small Business Resources to Make Consulting Easy :Here are some extra small business resources to help you stay up-to-date on tips and tactics, improve your business practices in general, and to improve your toolkit. | Benjamin Mulholland, Process Street
- Top 6 Articles About Agile to Read Today :Take some time to brush up on the basics of Agile and how you can use it to improve your dev cycles. | Christie Lindstrom, Basis Technologies
- The Rules of the Consulting Resume : Once you’ve set your sights on consulting as a career path—and figured out what type of firm you would like to work for—the next step is to get your resume ready. | Alexandra Nuth, Brightside
- 9 Consultant Skills They Don’t Teach You In Business School: Ways to deflect the divas, how to translate the “blah blah blah”–you won’t find any of these tips in a college textbook. | Nathalie Kleinschmit, Prairie Mix
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.