This Week in Consulting
Friday, Sept 14th, 2018
The B2B Elements of Value
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The mix of objective and subjective priorities, and the often conflicting perspectives within a single corporate customer, can be tricky to untangle. The elements of value allow managers to identify what matters most to each set of important stakeholders and how the company can stand out from the competitive pack.”
As B2B offerings become ever more commoditized, the subjective, sometimes quite personal concerns that business customers bring to the purchase process are increasingly important. Bain’s research shows that with some purchases, considerations such as whether a product can enhance the buyer’s reputation or reduce anxiety play a large role.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece featured in Harvard Business Review written by consultants from Bain, in which they argue that recognizing the full range of both rational and emotional factors behind business purchases—and tailoring the value proposition accordingly—is critical to avoiding the commodity trap. With 40 distinct kinds of value, B2B managers can identify what matters most to each set of important stakeholders.
Read on to Find out More: “The B2B Elements of Value”, featuring Eric Almquist, Jamie Cleghorn and Lori Sherer from Bain.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Omnicom acquires management and tech consulting firm Credera: Marketing and PR giant Omnicom has acquired 300-person-strong Dallas-based management and IT consulting firm Credera. The majority stake acquisition of the strategy and digital transformation consultancy will reinforce Omincom’s Precision Marketing Group – which specializes in digital and customer relationship management. | Ad Week
- Capgemini integrates its management consulting, digital and creative units: Capgemini has merged its consulting, digital and creative businesses, in a move that sees one of the world’s best known consulting brands leave the stage. The new unit, Capgemini Invent, bundles Capgemini Consulting with a host of recently acquired firms to forge a holistic advisory group with over 6,000 consultants in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world. | Capgemini Press Release
- Trust and regulatory uncertainty are top barriers to blockchain adoption: While more than eight in every 10 business and technology executives around the world have blockchain initiatives underway, only one in four of these say their organisation now has a fully live blockchain implementation or pilot underway. According to a new study, while blockchain boast a number of clear gains, regulatory uncertainty and trust remain the biggest barriers to wider business adoption. | Consultancy UK
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- 3 Core Elements of Successful B2B Customer Experiences: Designing and activating a great customer experience is challenging, particularly in a B2B context. Business customer expectations for great experiences are often defined by consumer brands and B2B companies are often not set up to evolve at the speed their customers expect. | Kevin Grubb, Saurabh Wahi, Prophet Consulting
- The Digital Marketing Revolution Has Only Just Begun: Digital marketing presents tremendous opportunity to engage consumers, but precious few companies have realized its full potential. Supersizing the digital-marketing budget is not enough. Successful companies are also transforming their ways of working. | Marc Schuuring, Diederik Vismans, Nicolas De Bellefonds, Steve Knox, Jody Visser, BCG
- 5 Marketing Trends To Pay Attention To In 2019: The world is changing a mile a minute, and it’s hard to scale, differentiate yourself, and maintain trust in the ever-changing marketing world. The more you can plan ahead, the better equipped you feel to manage those changes when they happen. Here are some thoughts about what you need to keep an eye out for in 2019. | John Hall, Forbes
- 6 Effective Demand Generation Strategies for Marketing: Whether you’re actively using demand strategy in your marketing strategy or not, it’s an important part of the finding – and keeping – the right customers. Here is why. | John E Lincoln, Ignite Visibility
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- How to Attract Big Clients to Your Consulting Firm: The presence of a big client in your portfolio will make people want to work with you. Here is how you can attract them. | Michael B. Akinlab, Market Growth
- How To Become A Successful Digital Marketing Consultant: If you are dreaming to become a successful digital marketing consultant, you need to be well-versed and familiar with the following digital marketing trends. | Anchal Malik, Digital Agency Network
- Must know Tools & Techniques in a Business Consulting World: Here are some of the tools and techniques which are crucial in a business consulting job. Check for yourself. | Insights Success
- What is this Consulting Career Path?: Pretty much all of the hard facts you need to know about starting a career in management consulting. Check them out. | 8000 Hours
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.