This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, February 27th, 2019
The Evolution of the Agile Organization: Old dogs, Ingenious new tricks
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“For the first time, business leaders are more worried about digital natives than traditional competitors. They recognize they must transform, and fast. Yet in too many instances, organizational agility is lacking. They just aren’t set up to respond to rapid change.”
Global business is facing unprecedented disruption. The risks of inertia are significant. As the pace of customer and technology-based change accelerates, the pressure is on. Research has proved that it is essential to build sustainable agility to stay ahead of the pack.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from PA Consulting, in which the consultants discuss the link between five dimensions of agility and top tier financial performance, including center on your customer, speed up time to value, design for simplicity, build to evolve and liberate your people.
Read on to Find out More: “The Evolution of the Agile Organization: Old dogs, Ingenious new tricks“, Sam Bunting, Stephen Hughes and Conrad Thompson, PA Consulting.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Building upon the innovations of today’s modern workplace, the next evolution of work will continue to optimize the employee experience. Hear from industry leaders as they describe the new paradigm of work that includes: personalization, cross department collaboration, data driven decision-making, and access to technology all empowering teams to thrive and innovate.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Boston Consulting Group buys firm that builds virtual versions of businesses :Formerly a minority stake-holder, Boston Consulting Group has acquired Australia-based business modelling provider The Simulation Group (TSG) for an undisclosed sum. BCG previously picked up a minority stake in the advanced analytics firm in 2015, which had continued to operate independently in a joint partnership, but has now been folded into BCG’s analytics and data science arm BCG GAMMA. | Edmund Tadros, Financial Review
- EY acquires Australian SAP consultancy Plaut IT and Malaysian subsidiary : The third such acquisition in the APAC region in a matter of months, following the purchase of Singapore-headquartered digital consultancy Adelphi in November and the Malaysia-based cybersecurity specialist Xynapse a month prior, EY has further boosted its digital capabilities with the pick-up of Australian SAP solutions provider Plaut IT and its Malaysian subsidiary Baseliner Consulting. | Consulting.asia
- Sustainability swoop: Global sustainability specialist Anthesis Group has acquired innovation consultancy GoodBrand in a move aimed at capitalizing on growing demand from corporate clients for integrated business and sustainability strategies. | BusinessGreen
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Agile France 2019: Agile France is a conference that offers a space for breathing and oxygenating our practices, with the ambition of advancing the community without being elitist…
Agile 2019: The annual North American conference is dedicated to furthering Agile principles and providing a venue for people and ideas to flourish. This is where the Agile tribes meet!
- Do You Have the Courage to Be an Agile Leader? Making the transition from long-standing organizational norms to agile ways of working is difficult. Executives have to unlearn many of the things that led to their personal success, and the success of their companies, in the first place. | Marijke Brunklaus, Lindsay Chim, Deborah Lovich, and Benjamin Rehberg, BCG
- Big Consulting, Agile, and Artificial Intelligence: The idea of a fluid workforce, one that can adapt to shifting business strategies and market demands, is an evolution of older contingent workforce models. This isn’t an unexpected shift, but is, in fact, changing the way that work gets done. | Allison Mandel, Catalant
- Agile at Scale: By now most business leaders are familiar with agile innovation teams. These small, entrepreneurial groups are designed to stay close to customers and adapt quickly to changing conditions. When implemented correctly, they almost always result in higher team productivity and morale, faster time to market, better quality, and lower risk than traditional approaches can achieve. | Darrell K. Rigby, Jeff Sutherland & Andy Noble
- How to mess up your agile transformation in seven easy (mis)steps :The journey to become agile is challenging. But your organization can avoid some common pitfalls that we have seen companies encounter, including failing to create buy-in around an aspiration and forgetting to put culture first. | Christopher Handscomb, Allan Jaenicke, Khushpreet Kaur, Belkis Vasquez-McCall, and Ahmad Zaidi, Mc Kinsey
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- New breed of fluid and agile consultancies challenging large consultants :“Large consultancy firms are fundamentally broken and they are ripe for reinvention”. Read on to see how a new breed of more agile consultancies are challenging the big players. | Consultancy.uk
- Top 6 Articles About Agile to Read Today: Take some time to brush up on the basics of Agile and how you can use it to improve your dev cycles. | Christie Lindstrom, Basis Technologies
- 9 Consultant Skills They Don’t Teach You In Business School: Ways to deflect the divas, how to translate the “blah blah blah”–you won’t find any of these tips in a college textbook. | Nathalie Kleinschmit
- The Rules of the Consulting Resume: Once you’ve set your sights on consulting as a career path—and figured out what type of firm you would like to work for—the next step is to get your resume ready. | Alexandra Nuth
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.