This Week in Consulting
Wednesday,March 27th, 2019
The Most Important Corporate Perils for 2019 and Beyond
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Technology is breeding new threats as well as business models. Traditional risks such as natural catastrophes continue to challenge while other threats such as cyber, neck-and-neck with business interruption at the top of the Allianz Risk Barometer for the first time, reputational risk, increasing exposure to intangible assets and volatility and consolidation in the corporate environment evolve daily.”
This Week’s Must Read features Allianz Risk Barometer 2019 Survey Report, where you can read about the most important corporate perils for the year ahead and beyond, based on the insight of more than 2,400 risk management experts from over 80 countries.
Read on to Find out More: “Allianz Risk Barometer“, Allianz Global
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
What keeps business leaders around the world up at night? Here are the top risks for 2019 published in Allianz Risk Barometer 2019 Survey report.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Teneo Acquires Quay Advisers: Global CEO advisory firm Teneo has acquired Sydney-based strategic communications and investor relations advisory company Quay Advisers. Founded in 2011, Teneo has rapidly expanded in the past eight years. The addition of Quay Advisers will bolster Teneo’s Sydney office, which opened last year with Emily Blyth was managing director. | Teneo
- Delta Capita, JJCFinTech join forces to bolster KYC services: Business & technology consulting firm Delta Capita has agreed a partnership with London-based FinTech firm JJCFinTech. The deal sees the two players collaborate on a range of regulation and compliance topics in the financial services industry. | The Paypers
- Gryphon Buys Engineering, Technical Services Provider Schafer: Aerospace, defense, power, and industrial-focused private equity firm AE Industrial Partners (AEI) has combined similar portfolio firms Gryphon Technologies and Schafer. The latter firm was acquired in 2017 by engineering, recruiting, and IT consultancy Belcan, a portfolio company of AEI. | GovCon Wire
- Maine Pointe: How 3D printing will impact the global supply chain– 3D printing is touted as one of the most disruptive developments in manufacturing and beyond. UK-based Simon Knowles, Chief Marketing Officer at Maine Pointe, reflects on the impact the innovative technology can have on supply chain management. He outlines potential benefits of the technology and five ways it will impact the supply chain. |Consultancy.uk
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2019: Make sure you have the latest insights on fast-moving IT trends such as IoT and AI, evolving security technologies and the ever-changing threat landscape. At Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2019, you’ll find comprehensive coverage of today’s top priorities for security and risk leaders…
International Conference on Risk Assessment and Management: The International Research Conference is a federated organization dedicated to bringing together a significant number of diverse scholarly events for presentation within the conference program.
- Perspectives on the Risks that will Determine your Company’s Future: Ever since the financial crisis in 2008, regulators, risk managers, and central bankers around the globe have focused on shoring up banks’ ability to withstand financials hocks. But he next crisis might not come from a financial shock at all. The more likely culprit: a cyberattack that causes disruption to financial services capabilities, especially payments systems, around the world. | Oliver Wyman
- Five Trends to Watch for Oil, Gas, and Chemicals in 2019 : If there is one constant in energy markets, it is change, as the cost of inputs and prices shift and companies adapt. Separately, the chemicals sector has enjoyed positive growth and margins for the past few years, but signs of a slowdown could emerge. Although no one can know for certain what will happen in the next 12 months, it is useful to try to understand how the business environment might evolve. | Duane Dickson, Deloitte
- Gartner: top 7 security and risk management trends for 2019– According to Gartner, these seven security and risk management trends for 2019 represent ongoing strategic shifts in the security ecosystem that are not yet widely recognized, but are expected to have broad industry impact and significant potential for disruption. | Nicholas Ismail, Information Age
- 2019 Cyber Security risk Report : In 2019, the greatest challenge organizations will face is simply keeping up with and staying informed about the evolving cyber risk landscape. The threats that can impact organizations vary widely by industry, size and region. It is incumbent upon organizations to understand the risks they face and to address them on a proactive basis. | Aon
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- The Skills Most In Demand For Independent Management Consultants: Naturally, over time skill requirements for independent consultants change as project themes change. Here are the results of the BTG survey on organization leaders about the emerging project and skills demands for independent consultants. | Jon Younger, Agile Talent Collaborative
- Top 5 Business Challenges for Management Consulting Firms: Anyone in the management consulting industry knows that today’s firms face a host of business challenges, some age-old and some brand new. Check them out. | Lee Frederiksen, Hinge
- Their Approach to Career Changes? This is about people who make wholesale life changes, people with financially solid careers who risk that stability. What they share is a single-minded focus on a niche, not an overarching vision to change the world. | Paul Sullivan, The NY times
- 7 Recruiting Trends That Will Continue Into 2019: Last year several new recruiting tactics were introduced. This year, we’ve seen them adopted and implemented. And many of these modern methods will shape the hiring process in 2019. | Direct Consulting Associates
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.