This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019
Top 8 Cyber Security Trends for 2019
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“From data leaks to troll armies, the private sector may soon be caught in the crosshairs of information warfare campaigns meant to inflame public relations and legal controversies. States could wreak havoc by leaking harmful internal communications and spreading fake and embellished stories on social media accounts.”
Does your organization “react-and-defend” against cyber threats? With the sophisticated techniques threat actors are using to mask their activities, the traditional approach of “building bigger fences” will no longer suffice. The only way organizations can protect themselves is by unleashing offensive cyber techniques to uncover advanced adversaries on their networks.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Booz Allen Hamilton, in which the consultants compiled a cyber threat forecast for the 2019. Some of the top emerging trends to watch for in 2019 include: Information warfare targeting companies, The weaponization of Adware networks, The expanding wireless attack surface, Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enhanced information warfare, etc
Read on to Find out More: “Top 8 Cyber Security Trends for 2019“, Booz Allen Hamilton.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Cybersecurity risk is continuing to grow and the need for threat visibility is more important than ever. Watch as Amy Blackshaw offers a perspective on what trends and challenges will arise in 2019.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Compensation Advisory Partners Acquires Vivient Consulting : New York-based Compensation Advisory Partners (CAP) has acquired Vivient Consulting, an executive consulting firm with offices in LA and Chicago. The strategic move expands CAP’s reach into two of the US’s largest markets, while also expanding the firm’s geographical footprint into the West Coast and Midwest. | Compensation Advisory Partners
- Concept Plus acquires boutique firm Dougherty & Associates : Concept Plus, an Oracle partner and government health and technology services provider, has acquired Virginia-based boutique management consultancy firm Dougherty & Associates (DAI Solutions). DAI Solutions will continue to operate under its own name, as a Concept Plus subsidiary. | Consulting.us
- DCI Consulting Group Acquires EEO Litigation Firm Savina Consulting: Denver-based employment litigation and HR boutique consultancy Savina Consulting has been acquired by DCI Consulting Group, a Washington DC-based HR risk management firm. | Cision PRNewswire
- New Accenture Microsoft Business Group will empower enterprises to thrive in the era of digital disruption: New Accenture Microsoft Business Group will empower enterprises to thrive in the era of digital disruption: Management and tech consultancy Accenture, together with Microsoft and their joint venture Avanade, have launched the Accenture Microsoft Business Group (AMBG). The 10,000-person group will focus on digital transformations enabled by Microsoft platforms. | Microsoft News Center
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Cyber Security Training in London 2019: SANS is recognised around the world as the best place to develop the deep, hands-on cyber security skills most needed right now…
2019 Cyber Risk Forum: Cyber Risk isn’t just about hacking anymore. It’s about seismic shifts in the regulatory landscape impacting every aspect of business data.
- 60 Cybersecurity Predictions For 2019:The ability to collaborate on sensitive data and take full advance of artificial intelligence opportunities to generate insights is currently inhibited by privacy risks, compliance and regulation controls. The security challenge of ‘data in use’ will be overcome by applying the most universal truth of all-time—mathematics—to facilitate data collaboration without the need for trust from either side. | Gil Press, gPress
- Cyber security in 2018 and 2019: Looking back and moving forward -From a risk perspective 2018 was an interesting year. But what will 2019 bring? This blog series looks back but more so moves forward: How can blockchain technology, cyber security, risk sensing and privacy help you gain a competitive advantage in the years to come? Episode 1 is about cyber security: the connection between digital and physical worlds. | Jelle Niemantsverdriet, Deloitte
- Top 7 SMB Cyber Security Trends in 2019: The most common type of cyber-attack came through web-based attacks and social engineering (such as phishing). In addition, ransomware has become a major threat: 52% of SMBs reported having experienced a ransomware attack, with 79% of said attacks occurring through phishing. It’s clear that SMBs suffer from cyber security problems, and make no mistake, these problems are certainly very costly. | Chris Power, Power Consulting
- Supply chain cybersecurity set to evolve in 2019: Steve Durbin, managing director at ISF (Information Security Forum) – a cybersecurity consulting firm, tells Supply Chain Management Review to expect “evolutionary” changes in the risk scenario this year. Check out how he expands on this forecast in the following exclusive interview. | Patrick Burnson, Logistics Management
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- 8 Cyber Security Best Practices For Your Small To Medium-Size Business: It’s easy to think because you have a small to medium-size business, cybercriminals will pass over attacking your company. The “not much to steal” mindset is common with small business owners in regard to cyber security, but it is also completely incorrect. | Chelsea Segal, Targetwise
- Here are The Internet Security Blogs You Should Follow Today: If you are concerned about your online security (and you should), it’s essential to know which are the best cybersecurity blogs that could help you stay informed about the most recent trends in the threat landscape. | Ioana-Daniela Rijnetu, Heimdal Security
- The skills consulting recruiters are looking for in 2019: Leading consulting employers speak about the competencies and skills they are looking for in graduates applying now for consulting jobs starting in 2019. | Target jobs
- Best Consulting Firms To Work For In 2019: Here are the best consulting firms to work for in 2019. This list could help those looking to make a move. | Poets & Quants
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
[et_social_follow icon_style=”slide” icon_shape=”circle” icons_location=”top” col_number=”auto” total=”true” outer_color=”dark”]
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.