This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, December 11th 2019
The Future of Corporate Training in 2020
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“At EdgePoint Learning, we believe the biggest shift in 2020 is going to be training that occurs seamlessly in the flow of work. Compartmentalized trainings (i.e., on Thursday morning you go to a training, then you put that manual back on the shelf and keep working in the afternoon) are being phased out as on-the-job training with immediate application emerges as a major trend.”
New corporate training trends are embracing technology. How will employee training be impacted? What is the future of corporate training look like?
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from EdgePoint Learning where the author summarizes the future of corporate training in 10 major trends
Read on to Find out More: “What Should We Expect For The Future of Corporate Training In 2020? “ |Corey Bleich, EdgePoint Learning.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
- Five Top Learning and Development Trends for 2020 : “With the rapid changes in available technology, learning and development strategies are evolving faster than ever. It’s time for companies to move away from that ‘one size fits all’ mentality and use new training trends to free up valuable time and money.” An interesting article that shows emerging trends in training and development that are sure to influence company learning strategies. | Katie Martinelli, Hub
- Learning in the flow of life: “Learning is the top-rated challenge among 2019’s Global Human Capital Trends. People now rate the “opportunity to learn” as among their top reasons for taking a job,1 and business leaders know that changes in technology, longevity, work practices, and business models have created a tremendous demand for continuous, lifelong development.” The authors expose their take on how technologies such as robotics and AI could redesign jobs. | Erica Volini, Jeff Schwartz, Indranil Roy, Maren Hauptmann, Yves Van Durme, Brad Denny, Josh Bersin, Deloitte
- Training (and enticing) a digital workforce using digital tools: “A key part of many digital-transformation strategies is the documentation and standardization of procedures. At its core, digital transformation is about connecting people, processes, and technology in order to provide valuable insights and improvement opportunities for businesses.” In this interview , Dozuki’s Eric Doster answers how his work-instruction training software to manufacturers can help them achieve digital-transformation goals.. | Eric Doster for Smart Industry
- How to Prepare For The Future of Learning And Development: “Your learning and development strategy should, by nature, reflect the business goals your company is aiming to achieve. When creating your strategy, start by speaking with other departments to understand their goals and determine skill gaps to identify where learning can provide real business impact.” The article presents 5 trends to Stay Ahead of The Competition with Learning & Development Strategy. | Kerri Moore, Docebo
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Training 2020 : Co-located with the Training Conference & Expo are the pre-conference Learning Leaders Summit and the post-conference Innovations in Training field trip event.
Learning Technologies France 2020 : Learning Technologies France is the #1 e-learning event in France for workplace learning and human resources that provides an un-rivalled world class conference programme to more than 7000 professionals involved in workplace learning and human resources from around the world.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- FarEye ranks on Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019 for the Fourth Consecutive Year: “FarEye, a predictive logistics platform, has been recognized among ‘Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019’ and has been ranked amongst the top 25 companies based on their percentage revenue growth over the past three financial years” | ITVoice
- Sony and Verizon Demonstrate How 5G Stands to Transform Live Sports Production: “Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc., Sony Mobile Communications Inc. and Verizon joined forces with NBC Sports to test how 5G can change the way live sports broadcasts are captured and produced.” | Multichannel News
- Global Chemicals M&A Expected To Increase or End 2019 On Stable Note Despite Economic Slowdown: “The vast majority of chemicals executives believe that global chemicals M&A activity will continue to increase or stay at the high level of the past several years, according to A.T. Kearney’s new Chemicals Executive M&A Report. Thirty-nine percent of the chemicals executives who participated in this year’s survey believe global chemicals M&A activity will continue to increase, and 41 percent expect it to stabilize at a high level.” |PRNewswire
- Implementing robotics and RPA in the public sector: “RPA has become one of the most rapidly adopted technologies in modern business. It can bring about a positive impact on cost reduction, productivity, accuracy, data analysis and decision-making, and will spearhead digital transformation. Experts from Convedo told Consultancy.uk how RPA can benefit the public sector.” | Consultancy.uk
Interested in submitting?
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.
Hélène Laffitte is the CEO of Consulting Quest, a Global Performance-Driven Consulting Platform and author of “Smart Consulting Sourcing”, a step by step guide to getting the best ROI from your consulting. With a blend of experience in Procurement and Consulting, Hélène is passionate about helping Companies create more value through Consulting.